The 2017 Extreme Blue Thunder Air Show will take place at the Idaho Falls Airport on Skyline Drive. For the last year, a group of dedicated volunteers, city officials, and corporate sponsors from across east Idaho have been working diligently to put together a spectacular air show for the community guests.
In cooperation with the City of Idaho Falls, and generous corporate sponsors, the non-profit Air Show Board of Directors functions to raise money for local non-profit organizations. After operating costs are accounted for, proceeds from the air show will be donated to local non-profit organizations.
To ensure the event is safe and enjoyable for all attendees, air show organizers have developed
some essential tips.
- The air show is an open-seating environment. To ensure everyone has a great view of the
performances, attendees are encouraged to bring blankets, lawn chairs, and small hand-held
umbrellas. Large canopy tents, beach umbrellas, or other pop-up shelters that can obstruct views or
become airborne from the wind or jet wash are prohibited. There will be one large shade tent
located in the center of the viewing area and two misting tents for attendees.
- WiFi will not be available, but attendees will be able to use cellular devices. ATM service will
be available at the main gate.
- The air show will go on, rain or shine. Gates will open regardless of the weather. However, some
acts may not perform if weather conditions do not meet minimum safety standards or visibility
- All aircraft appearing and times are subject to change due to various reasons beyond our control,
including but not limited to: military operational schedules, maintenance, weather,
low ceilings, below-minimum visibility, or any other factor as determined by the promoter.
- Commercial air traffic at Idaho Falls Regional Airport will not be significantly interrupted by the
air show. The airport is familiar with air shows and has a plan in place to accommodate planned
flights with minimal schedule changes.
- The air show weekend is expected to be very warm and sunny, so sunscreen and protective clothing is encouraged.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring one store purchased plastic bottle of water per person.
- Water and shade tents will be available inside the show gates.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring hearing protection to the show, particularly for groups with small children and senior citizens.
- All air show attendees are subject to search at designated security checkpoints. Individuals with
prohibited items will be asked to return the items to their vehicle, or dispose of them
before entering the air show grounds.
Concessions and Souvenirs
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed inside the air show grounds. However, each attendee is
allowed to bring one store-purchased, sealed water bottle up to 24-ounces. Additional food and
beverages will be available for purchase from multiple vendors, and attendees may enter and exit
the air show grounds throughout the day.
- Food service will be provided by several vendors offering a wide-selection of menu items.
- Officially-licensed souvenirs will also be available for purchase from several vendors.
- Weapons, illegal drugs, alcohol, or other items that could endanger the public, or interfere with the safe operation of the air show are prohibited.
- Aerial drones are prohibited inside the show gate without prior authorization from the Air Show Board of Directors.
Some items are prohibited inside the gates of the Extreme Blue Thunder Air Show due to safety concerns.
- Bicycles, rollerblades or skateboards
- Hydration packs or canteens
- Coolers of any size
- Drugs, narcotics, or any type of illegal substance
- Outside food and beverages
- Glass bottles/containers
- Large purses, camera bags, duffel bags, suitcases or other large bags
- Awning, tents, or pop-up shelters or any size
- Large beach umbrellas
- Weapons (firearms, mace, stun guns, explosives, knives) or any item deemed dangerous by air show security
- Baby food and/or baby formula
- Beach blankets
- Cell phones or tablets
- Certified service animals
- Collapsible lawn chairs
- Handheld umbrellas (one person umbrella)
- Hearing protection
- Life-saving medication or other physician-prescribed medical devices
- Wagons and/or strollers
All attendees are subject to search. If prohibited items are found in your possession, you will be asked to return the items to your car or dispose of them. Thank you for your cooperation and assistance with keeping our community safe! Enjoy the show!
Air Show Disclaimer
The air show will go on rain or shine. Gates will open regardless of the weather. However, some acts may not perform if weather conditions do not meet minimum safety standards or visibility requirements. All aircraft appearing and times are subject to change due to various reasons beyond our control, including but not limited to: military operational schedules, maintenance, weather, low ceilings, below-minimum visibility, or any other factor as determined by the promoter. We appreciate your understanding.